Calamansi is commonly used as a condiment for dishes. However, it can also be used in making calamansi juice concentrate which prefers by most parents in preparing nutritious juice drink for their family. Like other citrus fruits, the calamansi is high in vitamin C.
Calamansi Concentrate Ingredients:
70 pcs. calamansi (medium size)
Sugar (if desired)
Kitchen knife, Mixing bowl, Cheesecloth, Casserole for cooking, Spoon, Cooking stove, Bottles (8 oz.), Measuring spoon, Measuring cups, Chopping board, Strainer
1. Carefully wash the fruits with water.
2. Cut crosswise and squeeze the juice through a cheesecloth.
3. Add sugar if necessary. The amount of sugar added is according to taste.
4. For every 4 1/2 cups of calamansi juice, and 1/4-1/3 tsp. sodium benzoate dissolved in water.
5. Heat the mixture up to 75oC or until the mixture is about to boil. Continue to maintain at this temperature for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
6. Transfer while hot to sterile bottles. Cover the bottles.
7. Boil for 20 minutes. Close tightly and let cool in an inverted position.
8. Wipe dry and store in a cool place.
Source: Food and Nutrition Research Institute (DOST)
Do you like this money making business and ideas? content“> then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).