Coconut meat or buko meat can be processed into many food products and one of them is the coco or buko candy. Processing a coco meat into candies mean a lucrative, income-generating business for individuals especially work at home moms, out-of-school youth, and students.
The making of coco or buko candy involves several stages:
1. Seven to nine months old coconuts are gathered. They are cut in half with a bolo. Meat is removed from the shell with an improvised scraper.
2. The meat is then cleaned, washed and sliced into small rectangular pieces. The only machinery used is a grinder which grounds the sliced meat.
3. After grinding, the meat is cooked for two to three hours in a mixture of cassava flour and “tawas”, which is used as preservative.
4. After cooking, the buko is allowed to cool. When cool, it is shaped into spheres, which are then rolled in sugar. The candies are finally packed into plastic bags.
Note: Exact measurements of the ingredients are not listed. You can do experiments to suit your needs.
Source: The Filipino Entrepreneur magazine
Do you like this business idea? content“> then please consider subscribing to our PINOY BISNES RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Incoming search terms:
- buko candy
- buko candy recipe
- Buko candy business
- piano gumawa ng tawas
- negosyong paano gumawa ng macapuno candy
- machinery equipment of a bukayo
- macapuno candy recipe using niyog
- how to make Philippine coconut candy
- how to make buko candy
- filipino coconut candy recipe