Embutido is one of the favorite recipes prepared during special occasions like fiesta, Christmas, birthdays etc. It is an easy to make recipe, you can actually modify or add ingredients according to your liking, which means you can make your very own brand of Embutido. There are various versions of embutido, e.g tuna embutido, chicken embutido and beef embutido. You can either served this uncooked (as cold cuts) or lightly pan-fried and served with a variety of sauces.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
A dash of liquid seasoning, Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Slices (wedges) of hardboiled egg
- Slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
- Aluminum foil, 10-inches-by-12-inches sizes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine all the food ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Divide the mixture into portions, depending on how many you want to make.
4. Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each aluminum foil.
5. Evenly divide the slices of hardboiled eggs and sausages so that each mixture gets an equal share. Place the slices at the center of each mixture.
6. Carefully roll the aluminum foil into a tightly packed log about 1 inch to 2 inches in diameter, sealing on both ends.
7. Place the wrapped embutido in a steamer and steam for an hour.
8. Let cool and slice it into rings to serve.
9. Freeze unused logs.
300 g tuna fillet, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1 pc pork boullon cube
1 can (234 g) Fresh Cut crushed Pineapple, drained (reserve syrup)
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 small carrot, coarsely grated
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1. Marinate fish in pineapple syrup, 1/2 tsp iodized fine salt and 1/4 tsp pepper for 10 minutes. Drain. Discard marinade.
2. Combine fish with remaining ingredients. Season with 3/4 tsp iodized fine salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix well. Divide into 3.
3. Wrap in foil then roll. Steam for 30 minutes. Cool. If desired, brown all sides in oil. Slice and serve with ketchup.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
NOTE: Description below was taken from the source site.
So, did I really say chicken embutido? Chicken? Yes, chicken. You can buy ground chicken meat in the supermarket, didn’t you know? And it makes wonderful embutido. Recipe found in pinoycook.net
Well, I have my own way of cooking embutido. To start with, I use lean ground beef instead of pork. Secondly, I only use two beaten eggs for every half kilo of meat. I don’t steam the embutido; I bake them. I also have some secret ingredients to help them retain their shape as well as add a moist creamy texture. Recipe procedure found in pinoycook.net.
Sources:1. “how to make embutido”. entrepreneur.com.ph. http://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/starterkit/article/how-to-make-embutido 2. “Tuna Embutido”. deliciouscorner. http://deliciouscorner.blogspot.com/2007/03/tuna-embutido.html
Do you like this money making business idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Related Search Terms: HOW TO MAKE EMBUTIDO, embutido, how to make embotido, embutido recipe special, how to make imbotido, special embutido recipe, embutido special, embutido recipe filipino style