Puto Pao (puto + siopao) is a bun with pork or chicken asado toppings or fillings. Puto pao is now becoming a popular snacks among Filipinos and makes a great business too. It only needs small capital to start and are easy to make.
Step by step guide on how to make Puto Pao:
Puto Pao Recipe1
1/2 kg all-purpose flour
250 g white sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
2-1/2 cup water
3 tbsp or 30g melted butter
For the asado, on the other hand, you’ll need the following ingredients:
1/2 kg of ground lean pork
1 piece laurel leaf
1 piece star anise
1/2 cup or 112ml of soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup or 125g of white sugar
1tsp or 2g cornstarch
2 cloves garlic
Start by cooking the asado. While preheating the pan or a skillet over low heat, mince the garlic. Once the pan is hot enough, put all the ingredients together. Mix them to a good blend. Continue mixing until the meat is cooked and becomes tender. Discard the star anise and the laurel once the meat gets tender. (The star anise and laurel leaf are only meant to give a savory aroma to your dish.)
So the meat won’t become crispy, don’t sauté or braise it. Cook it only in water and soy sauce. Let the meat absorb all the liquid until it dries out. After that, turn off the stove and set the cooked meat or asado aside. This asado can fill four sets of your bun recipe. Let it cool and start doing the buns.
Get all the dry ingredients and mix them in a bowl. Then add water. Using a wooden ladle or whip, dissolve all the ingredients. Continue mixing them until you achieve a smooth texture. Make sure all the lumps are dissolved. Then add the melted butter (you could also use cooking oil as an alternative). Mix. You’ll know when the mix is ready for steaming when there are no lumps left.
Afterwards, get the ounce-size molds. Pour in the mixture until each mold is three fourths full. Then put one teaspoon of the asado on top. If you want to make it a filling, then fill the mold a quarter full and put one teaspoon of asado. Then pour in the mixture until it’s almost full. Arrange the molds in the steamer, which should contain enough water. Steam for 30 minutes in boiling temperature.
Make sure there’s enough water to steam your puto-paos. After 30 minutes, take off the puto-paos from the molds. Your yield for this set should be 48 pieces, which by then should be ready to be served with other merienda treats.
Puto Pao Recipe2
Step by step Puto Pao Making
1. Sift then Mix 3 cups all purpose flour 1 cup sugar 2 T baking powder
2. Add 1 1/2 cups water + 2 tbsp water or milk – fresh milk, evaporated milk + water will do
3. Put 7 eggwhite in a separate bowl. Make sure it is at room temperature.
4. Add the cream of tartar, 1/8 t per 1 eggwhite… that would be ¾ t
• To stabilize beaten egg whites, add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar per egg white before beating. Other tips: • For meringues, use 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar for every two egg whites. • When making candy, add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar for each cup of granulated sugar.
Substitution Tips • When cream of tartar is not available, substitute 1½ teaspoons of lemon juice or white vinegar for each ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar (three times the amount). • 1 teaspoon baking powder = ¼ teaspoon baking soda + 5/8 teaspoon cream of tartar. • 1 cup buttermilk = 1 cup milk + 1¾ teaspoons cream of tartar.
5. Beat egg white to mix with cream of tartar
6. Add 8 T of sugar gradually
7. Beat for 7-8 minutes until it looks like an icing
8. Fold with the flour mixture
9. Do not beat hard. Just fold.
10. Saute ground pork.
2 cloves (garlic)
2T soy sauce
½ kilo pork
13. Pour a little mixture in a molding pan, then add the ground pork
14. Add mixture enough to cover the ground pork.
15. Put the toppings: Cheese and salted egg
16. Steam until cooked
Puto Pao Video
Do you like this money making business ideas? content“>then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Related Search Terms: puto pao, puto pao making, how to cook puto pao, recipe for puto pao, recipe of puto pao, how to make puto pao filling, putopao recipe, how to make putopao