Taho is a sweet nutritious snack food usually peddled by a magtataho vendor found all over the Philippines. Taho is usually made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and pearl sago (similar to pearl tapioca).
How To Make Taho from Soybean
3 cups mature and newly harvested soybeans
2 bars white gulaman
3 cups brown sugar
strainer (muslin or nylon cloth)
1. Soak soybeans overnight in water 3 times its volume.
2. Remove outer covering, grind; add water little by little (at least 6 cups) while grinding.
3. Dissolve 2 bars gulaman in boiling water (7 cups).
4. Pour the ground soybean in boiling gulaman for 7 minutes or until the odor of grains is removed.
5. Set aside until it coagulates.
6. Serve with syrup.
Taho Syrup is prepared as follows:
- 3 cups sugar is dissolved in 3 cups water. The sugar may be caramelized to improve color and flavor.
Source: The Philippine Recommends for Soybean PCARRD 1991, wikipedia
Do you like this business ideas for entrepreneurs? content“>then please consider subscribing to our PINOY BISNES RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Incoming search terms:
- how to make taho
- how to make taho philippines
- how to make taho from soybeans
- make taho
- taho making seminar
- how to make taho using soy beans
- making taho
- soybeans for taho
- soya milk to make taho