Yema is a sweet custard candy made with egg yolks. Yema is a popular delicacy in the Philippines and loved by most children. It is a favorite present of Filipinos to their families and friends abroad.
6 egg yolks
1 (396 g) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Different coloured cellophane paper, cut into 10x10cm squares for wrapping
Procedure in making yema
1. In a large pot, mix the egg yolks, condensed milk and vanilla until well blended.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat to prevent the mixture from burning. Stir constantly.
3. The mixture is ready when it forms a ball. Let cool. When cooled, form the mixture into balls about 2 to 3 cm in diameter.
4. In a small pot, caramelize the sugar over low heat until it is all melted.
5. Drop the balls one by one into the pot and coat completely with the caramel. Once coated, pick up each ball with a toothpick. Set aside to cool.
6. When cooled, wrap the balls in cellophane and twist both ends to secure.
Source: allrecipes Photo: filipinofoodstore.com
Do you like this money making business ideas? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Related Search Terms: how to make yema candy, yema, how to cook yema candy, how to make yema philippines, how to make yema candy recipe, how to cook yema philippines, how to make yema for business, how to make yemas