To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Thomas Edison
Here’s a step-by-step guide for transforming your idea into a real invention, which you can make, sell or patent.
1. Start by keeping a journal. Whenever you have an idea, jot it down and do a sketch (if applicable). With the sketch, show as many angles as possible. The more detail, the better. This journal may help to prove that you are the original inventor, and it would show the transformation of your idea from an abstraction into a real and patentable invention. Always sign and date entries.
2. Research A prototype is a working example of your invention. Its main purpose is to show how your invention works, but this is also a good time to consider how the ultimate product will be made. If you want to have the product manufactured on a large scale, for example, you will need to consider which parts, shapes and materials are the most compatible with a factory setting.
3. Patent your invention. The process will vary depending on which country you live in. The sooner you do this, the better. It’s a good idea to hire a professional to help with your patent application. If you are not specific enough, someone else can patent a similar idea and make money off of it, and your product will never hit the shelves! A professional will help you close up any such loopholes.
4. Make the product. There are a few ways to go about doing this:
Convince a company to buy the patent from you. Then they make the product and sell it. You’ll want royalties in this arrangement.
Contact factories and ask them how much they would charge to mass produce your product.
Make it yourself.
5. Present your invention.There is no success in inventing something that never leaves your workshop. Get in contact with media and possible investors and show them your product and its benefits in the most impressive and expressive way.
Do you like this money makingbusiness idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).