Pastillas is just easy to make and can be a great home based business idea. It can be an additional source of income when you sell it to your friends, neighbors, or to a local school near your place. Also, Pastillas makes a perfect gift or presents for your loved ones here and abroad.
Here are some variations of Pastillas candy.
Pastillas de Leche
- 1 Gallon fresh carabao’s milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- rind of 2 lemons
1. Place milk in copper vat or pan over low charcoal heat.
2. Stir until the milk has evaporated to one fourth its original quantity.
3. Add sugar and rind and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a soft ball.
4. Pour the paste on a sugared board, cut into 2″ x 1/4″ pieces, roll in sugar and wrap in wax paper or any candy paper wrapper.
Pastillas de Mani
- 1 cup ground peanuts
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients together and cook over low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Cook until thick.
2. Sprinkle sugar on a bread board and spread the mixture with a rolling pin.
3. Cut into desired pieces. Wrap in a candy wrapper.
Pastillas de Pili
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pili nuts
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp glucose
1. Chop pili nuts after blanching and peeling.
2. Mix with condensed milk and glucose and cook to paste consistency.
3. Add flavoring.
4. Roll thin and cut into desired pieces.
5. Wrap in wax paper.
Pastillas de Ube
- 4 cups boiled ube
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 big can evaporated milk
1. Mix all ingredients together. Cook in a copper vat (tacho) over a moderate fire.
2. Stir constantly to avoid burning. When the ube is thick and does not stick to the vat, remove from fire and pour on a sugared board.
3. Roll to 1 1/2 cm. thick.
4. Cut into desired pieces.
5. Arrange the pieces on a cookie sheet and place in the oven (200oF) for 20 minutes.
6. Roll in fine white sugar and wrap in paper.
Do you like this Money Making Business Idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Related Search Terms: pastillas making, ube pastillas recipe, how to make ube pastillas, how to make pastillas candy, pastillas de ube, ube candy recipe, pastillas de mani, pastillas candy recipe