Broadcast journalist Karen Davila shares the story of how the married couple Merly and Nelson Balicao started their business from scratch and became popular cake house owners in ABS-CBN’s “My Puhunan”.
While working at the UPLB cafeteria in the 70s, Merly and Nelson learned how to bake, but it wasn’t until ten years later that they put up Mer-Nel’s Bakery.
With just P800, they produced the first ever Mer-Nel’s banana cake. Now, Mer-Nel’s already sells 600 cakes a day with a P20 million-building that houses its bakery, restaurant, and function rooms.
“My Puhunan” also features Centerstage, a KTV and bar co-owned by host and singer-actress Karylle and her ex-boyfriend Dingdong Dantes. Although Karylle was initially reluctant to start a business, she was able to expand Centerstage that now has three branches.
Watch ‘My Puhunan’ video below
Incoming search terms:
- bakery owners success stories philippines
- pinoy successful stories who started eatery from scratch in philippines
- STORIES OF SUCCESSFUL FILIPINO BAKERIES
- succes stories from the best cake houses
- success stories banana cake
- who is actress job
- www pinoy-success-stories com