More and more, we are seeing businesses reaching out to veterans and those currently in the military.
Sometimes it’s a restaurant which recognizes retired or current military with a meal discount or free desert. Sometimes it’s a free haircut or discount on merchandise.
There are other benefits that current or retired military can receive, one of those being car loans.
Driving Off with Help
As the following article shows, “Military auto loans on the move” are helping those who serve our country.
But what makes the military car loan beneficial, and what is so special about it?
According to military.com, there are quite a few reasons to look at a military loan if you are current or retired military….
• Only those who have served in the military can qualify for this. Whether active or retired, it’s special for military members.
• The main benefit is that military auto loans are usually at lower rates than other loans. A percentage point or two can mean substantial savings over the years of the loan.
• These also usually provide for a lower down payment. This helps out if cash upfront is a problem.
• They also may offer longer lengths of loan, which means lower monthly payments.
• It’s often easier to get approved for a military loan than other kinds.
Restaurants Helping Military Members
Restaurants are big into recognizing military members, and this can make a big difference in the financial life of our military.
The Military Wallet shares its list; take a look at just some of the participants:
• Applebee’s provides a free meal on Veteran’s Day with a military ID.
• California Pizza Kitchen has a special Veteran’s Day menu with free entrée’s with a military ID or proof of service.
• Einstein Brother’s Bagels will give free coffee to military members on Veteran’s Day.
• Orange Leaf gave free yogurt to service members on Veteran’s Day.
Others Helping Military Members
Again, The Military Wallet shares valuable information on deals and discounts to current and retired service members.
Here are some more:
• Home Depot and Lowe’s offer 10% discounts every day to military members (some restrictions apply). This discount used to be only on major holidays, but these two companies have extended it to every day.
• Travel discounts, hotel discounts, car rental discounts and flight discounts. Often these are offered, just not advertised. It never hurts to ask.
Military discounts are a great way to honor those serving or those who have served in a military.
If you are a service member, remember, it never hurts to ask about a discount. Many retail stores, restaurants, and credit card/loan companies offer them, but they aren’t always promoted or advertised.
Find out what you need to do to qualify, whether it’s just a matter of showing or an ID or something more, and hopefully, you ‘ll find some good, substantial savings.
About the Author: Heather Legg is an independent writer who covers topics related to small business, social media, and finding great deals.