Design thinking is a well-orchestrated process that takes in account strategy, cognition and practicality.
Using these factors, the designers can develop models, building plans or machine’s design that are high on functionality and sleek in looks.
Previously, the designers though only about the physical aspects of any functional equipment or building or machine model.
The factors like space-efficiency, better performance, multi-utility advantage and several others were not considered so much.
However, the design thinking concept and the expertise of Custom software development company have made it possible for the makers to develop designs that speak to the end users.
It is established beyond doubt that the companies these days rely a lot on design thinking. They follow a well-etched product development plan that passes through the phases of MVP design development, testing, seeing results, retesting, redesigning when needed and improving till the finest solution is yielded off the process.
That is why, they hire dedicated developers who can bring a substantial difference to each step of the development process.
If we say utility wise, the design thinking finds its best use in software and applications development where only users are the operators and the design is the only guide that tells them how to employ it for the intended purposes.
Understanding importance of design thinking
Design thinking has revolutionized the way the applications are developed. The website development services find it very important to include design thinking in the development process because of the following reasons:
- It involves team work – more evaluate mean better and valuable inputs
- Adding human element to the development process
- Testing – a proven tool offered by design thinking
- Solving the problem amply and efficiently
1. It involves team work – more evaluate mean better and valuable inputs
Whether it is a mobile application, web application or websites’ development process, a designer may feel stuck at some point.
Instead of doing a cover-up, if the team is formed that evaluates the design and works on possibilities, it can help to get a more user-friendly or result-oriented tool.
Many open source developers have realized the importance of design thinking; that is why, they stick to the development plan that comprises – empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test, implement.
Such elaborately designed thinking and implementation process gives lot of room to evaluation and inclusion of inputs from experts of varying fields. Thus, the final product comes out with a promise to deliver, and deliver with precision.
2. Adding human element to the development process
It is a human that is finally going to use a software/application/website. The design thinking with an element of empathizing allows the designers to think from a user perspective.
They derive their features straight from a user’s expectations. It helps them to think about:
- Basic features the user expects the product to have
- ‘AHA’ moments possible to create
- Road to further development
The products have to be more embracing in terms of accepting the change in user expectation and behavior and should be open to including the new features as and when desired.
Just rolling out the product is not the end of design thinking. It carves the path ahead to grow as per the changing needs of the customers.
3. Testing – a proven tool offered by design thinking
Testing just once and only from one perspective may not result in an accomplished product. The users have different approaches of finding a solution to the problem.
With the help of testing, all possible approaches are applied so that the quality of the solution is never ambiguous or compromised.
Also, design thinkers choose to test as many time as possible to ensure that no bug goes unnoticed. The experts are made to use the prototype first. Testing gets more sharpened edge from the support of:
- Predictive modelling tools: The designers create a data pool, and analyze them to predict the usage pattern, upcoming expectations as well as frustrations, and probable phase of business cycle. The web development company takes social media comments, feedback forms, survey results, etc. in account and try to match the user expectations with product features.
- UX testing: UX is all about how the website or any web property will function and deliver an ultimate user experience. The UX experts wire the products in a way that bring intuitiveness in the way of working and help win the customers in the shortest time span given. Eliminating unnecessary elements and reaching on to the core capabilities bring the designers to achieve customer experience.
- Machine learning: You take some parameters and put them in a machine. Though designed to make customers happy, machine learning and automated analytics part keeps the human elements like bias and error completely away from the testing process. It highlights the glaring as well as inconspicuous ambiguities to enable their plugging on time and before the customer dissatisfaction erupts into something more damaging.
4. Solving the problem amply and efficiently
Imagine you are sitting on a food table and your appetite demands eating at least three servings of a dish.
What if the dish is available only in single serving amount? So, in spite of tasting heavenly, you will not leave the table satiated.
What has happened? The dish has failed in delivering the basic function, which is – curbing the hunger.
This tells that design thinking has to open the door to offerings in an uninhibited manner.
Similarly, a shopper while going through clothes, will not be satisfied with image only. Its main concern will be fitting.
The use of 3D models, virtual dress room and similar ones are the product of design thinking, which offers a delightful experience by – saving the time in returning ill-fitted clothes, allowing to try as many dresses as possible in short time.
That is why design thinking is important as it helps the designers to amp up their customer satisfaction game and turn it into a delight.
Any part of the problem, no matter how small it is, can never be left unsolved or partially solved.
The design thinking offers this ease of identifying, understanding and solving the problems and helps the businesses come up with solutions that translate easily into a success story.
Tarun Nagar is the Founder & CEO of Dev Technosys, a global ranking mobile app development company USA. With 10+ years of experience of enabling then Startups which are now global leaders with creative solutions, he is differentiated by out-of-the-box IT solutions throughout the domain. He is known for his visionary qualities and adaptability for technology and trends, passionate as he is in every aspect dedicated to making IT simple, accessible and approachable for business enterprises.
Follow us on:-
Author LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/tarun-nagar-2a98b2117/
Company LinkedIn :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/dev-technosys-pvt-ltd/
Company Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/devtechnosys/
Company Twitter :- https://twitter.com/devtechnosys