Chicken broiler and egg production are the most progressive animal enterprises in the Philippines today. The poultry industry in fact began as a backyard enterprise but has shifted to the formation of very large integrated contract farming operations.
The growth of tile poultry industry in the Philippines has indeed been impressive but its problems including inefficient management and the prevalence of many destructive poultry diseases and parasites cannot be ignored.
This manual provides technology and management know-how for poultry raising which we hope present poultry raisers and prospective poultry producers may find useful in effectively managing their poultry farms and also help them realize substantial financial returns from their enterprises in this period of high production cost inputs.
Chicken Breeds/Stock to Raise
The following Call be used as a guide in selecting the foundation stock to raise
- Stock should only be purchased from a reliable hatchery or franchised dealer where the parent stocks are well-housed and well-managed.
- The kind of stock to buy depends upon the purpose for which it is going to be raised.
- Chicks should be tree from diseases and deformities.
- Chicks should have uniform size and color and in the case of broiler chicks should not be less than 33 grams at day-old.
- For a start, a popular strain raised in the community can be selected as it is an indication of the bird’s good performance under existing farm conditions.
- For broilers, choose those that have high livability and are fast growers.
- For layers, choose those that have good egg size, high egg production and long productive life.
Download the Complete Manual on.
So, Why Raise Chickens?
Here are a few of the most frequently expressed reasons people raise chickens:
- Easy and inexpensive to maintain
- Eggs that are fresh, great-tasting & nutritious
- Chemical-free bug and weed control
- Manufacture the worlds best fertilizer
- Chicken and egg production are the most progressive animal enterprises
- Can be a good source of Income
For further information, please contact:
MS.REBECCA DE OCAMPO JOSE