A composite hose is a type of hose pipe, which is developed from different materials. These hoses are used to cater to a wide range of functions, making them highly adaptable and versatile. The benefits you leverage from a composite hose depend on its type and how you use it. In this article, we are sharing everything you need to know about the composite hose.
Why You Should Invest in Composite Hose
- Its Core Structure
Contrary to a single material hose, composite hoses are manufactured using an amalgamation of materials brought together in one cylinder. Due to the mandrel-wrapped guideline, these types of hoses include winding of wire that comes with polymer layer(s), films, etc. Moreover, there is also a second wire winding that secures everything together.
The spirals of these two wires offer optimum resistance to pressure, making these hoses popular for heavy-duty tasks. They can be made of galvanized or stainless steel, polymer-engulfed steel, aluminum, or alloy. Both the wires can be made of different materials as well.
The film can be made using polyester, polyamide, polypropylene, etc. based on the requirements. These hoses can be customized for the fluid it will convey, the weight, the temperature, and mechanical necessities in order to offer adaptability.
- Resistance to Erosion
Although steel channeling and various metallic funnels are also subjected to being corroded due to liquids and environment, a composite hose pipe does have the same issue. These hoses use non-eroding polymer sheeting featuring an inside curl of stainless steel or coat, preventing the occurrence of corrosion. Therefore it is ideal for transferring fluids like sweet-smelling hydrocarbons or saltwater that can corrode another kind of hose.
One of the prominent qualities of a composite hose pipe is its flexibility and an assortment of abilities included in its structure. When you buy a composite hose, it is easy to redo the complete development to suit your requirements.
The benefit of the composite design is that it can be entirely customized to your order. When you order from a reliable composite hose manufacturer, you can specify every element you wish to be included. From the material of the wire, film, to length of the hose, you have control over everything.
Common Applications of Garden Hose
Following are some of the garden hose –
For Oil Transfer
Composite hoses are ideal for the transfer of oils from storage tanks, loading arms, process piping to tank trucks and rail cars. Following are some of the unique feature of these types of hoses –
- Comprehensive product compatible – 100% aromatics and safe of handling all sorts of hydrocarbon conveyance
- Easy to handle
- Strong PVC outer cover; offers resistance from abrasion and dragging wear
- Safe and dependable
These types of hoses are specially designed for the marine terminal transfer of liquids, aromatics, and lubricants at full suction or rated discharge. Dockside composite hoses are used for loading as well as unloading tankers, bargers, bunkering services, etc.
Features of dockside hoses:
- Comprehensive compatibility with product
- Strong PVC outer cover- resistance to wear as well as abrasion
- Flexibility even at lower temperatures
- Reliable and safe
- Double end-to-end electrical continuity
For Chemical Transfer
These hoses are designed for chemical plants, paint producers, refineries, paper mills, rail car loading, tank trucks, and implant delivery. These transfers highlight corrosive components like aldehydes, amines, acids and alkalis, aromatic fuels, alcohols, ketones, esters, lacquers, etc. the transfer can be done at the full section or particular discharge pressure based on the hose.
Features of chemical transfer hose include
- Easy to handle
- PVA -coated outer cover for abrasions resistance, safety, and durability
- Double end-to-end continuity to protect the build-up of static electricity and internal arcing.
- Stainless or galvanized steel wire for optimum durability
For Corrosive and Aggressive Chemicals
These hoses are specially designed for tank truck loading and in-plant transfer of strong chemicals, acids, and solvents. Composite hose for these purposes comes with PTFE bore liner and reinforced barrier layers to protect the product from corrosion and increase its life.
Features of these types of hose include
- Flexibility at lower temperatures
- PVC coated outer cover for abrasion resistance, safety, and durability
- PTFE liner featuring polyester and polypropylene carcass for optimum resistance from harmful chemical
- The choice between stainless steel or galvanized steel for the outer wire to gain maximum longevity
- Double end-to-end electrical continuity in order to safeguard internal arcing and build up static electricity.
There you have it, everything that you need to know about the composite hose. When it comes to buying this type of hose for any heavy-duty purposes, ensure to choose a reliable composite hose manufacturer. Investing in a quality product will ensure that the transfer can be made efficiently and safely.