Dressing up Your Marketing Efforts
Whether you run a business yourself or work as a marketing guru, making your sure marketing game is the best it can be should always be the goal.
In today’s fast-paced world, consumers have multiple options when it comes to getting the information they want and need on products and services. As a result, your marketing message must stand out in order to put you at or near the top when they are considering who to purchase from.
With that in mind, what are you doing to make your marketing message as effective as possible?
Run the Table with Marketing
For starters, are you using multiple forms of marketing to get your brand’s message out there or relying on just one?
Take for instance those who market various brands of clothing. Whether you are marketing bras and panties, designer dresses, the latest in men’s wear or clothing for children, you need to remember the following tips:
- Know your audience – First and foremost, how well do you know the audience you are going after? This is where it is important to know the demographics, including ages, incomes, history of purchases etc. With this knowledge in hand, you stand a better chance of hitting targeted consumers, not those unlikely to buy from you;
- Know your tools – In all likelihood, you have myriad of marketing tools at your disposal. From traditional marketing methods such as newspapers and flyers to more recent means like mobile marketing, it certainly does not hurt if you can afford it to pitch your brand in a variety of ways. Not only does this allow you to cover most or all of your bases, but it shows you to be efficient at marketing on a number of fronts;
- Know the trends – If you’re marketing in the clothing industry for instance, the biggest factor to always remember is that styles come and go. Just because something is hot today does not necessarily mean it will be the “thing” come tomorrow. This is why it is important to always think ahead, looking out for the next big “thing” before your competition does;
- Know how to socialize – Are you active on social media? If the answer is no, by all means get active. You should have active profiles (that doesn’t mean update once a month) on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more. By all means, make sure you respond in a timely fashion to any consumer inquiries. More and more consumers are looking to social sites for information on the products and services they so desire, that means you need to be there and be ready for them;
- Know your mobility – Finally, how much of a participant are you when it comes to mobile marketing? Hopefully you are not just learning about it now, but have been a player for a while. With millions of consumers on the go, having a mobile presence is more important than ever. Mobile marketing is a great means by which you can present consumers with real-time information, including things like coupons and other such specials.
From clothing to the countless other products and services out there, take your marketing game to a new level in 2015 and beyond.
About the Author: Dave Thomas writes for a variety of websites on topics such as marketing and small business.