Dental emergencies are not minor issues. It does not matter what the cause is, whether a broken tooth, severe toothache, or lost filling, you must reach your dentist for assistance. Dental emergencies, if left untreated, can result in more severe issues.
You can do certain things to protect your dental health if you suffer a dental emergency until you reach a dentist. Whatever you are doing, never ignore the issues or dismiss speaking about the case, even after the pain decreases.
Before we head to dental emergencies, we should know about certain things. You must know some of the common dental emergencies and how you can prevent them.
Toothache: No matter what the cause is, pain is never a good sign; it gives indications of various conditions, including tooth decay. At the same time, some of the toothaches are easily manageable without requiring any emergency treatment. Some of the symptoms, like swelling, need urgent care.
Chipped teeth: Have you bitten something that is very hard?
Chipped teeth will not only ruin your smile but also hurt a lot. It also needs emergency care.
Knock out tooth: In this case, if you cannot reinsert the tooth, you will need emergency restoration at any dental clinic.
Lost filling or the crown: Crowns and fillings help restore the previously damaged teeth to their normal function and appearance. So, when they break down, you have to treat them incorrectly to avoid damage and reinfection. It is a temporary fix, and you need to visit the dental clinic for proper treatment.
Bleeding and pain post tooth extraction: In such a case, you have to react very quickly and call an emergency frisco dentist professional. In the meantime, you can place a thick gauze at the extraction site and apply some pressure.
So, now when you know about various dental emergencies, it’s time to learn the things before heading to dental emergencies:
Take action quickly but with all careful measure
- When a tooth or a piece of your tooth is lost or is dislodged- Try to gather all those pieces before you head to your dentist. In some cases, your dentist might be able to restore the tooth.
- If your tooth gets knocked out- Locate the tooth and reach your dentist on time. Before you call your dentist, it’s essential to take good care of the knocked-out teeth.
Try to place the tooth in warm water having a pinch of salt or in a cup of milk. If possible, try to keep the tooth back in the socket of your mouth and then hold it in place. It’s essential to reach your dentist promptly; the tooth might be able to get restored. A professional can recommend dental implants frisco tx to replace the natural tooth because implants work exactly like natural teeth.
- For a broken tooth- Clean your mouth by washing with warm water and then apply a cold compress to your face to reduce the swelling. Gather all pieces of the tooth that you will find. Then it’s time to visit your dentist on an immediate basis.
- When your lip or tongue is bitten- You can treat it by applying some pressure from a cloth and some cold compress to the face to decrease swelling. If there is heavy bleeding, then you must visit the emergency room as soon as possible.
- When you suffer from pain because of toothache- Rinse your mouth very carefully with some warm water. By using floss, remove all food and debris that might have got trapped and cause pain. Do not apply aspirin to your gum tissues or the tooth. Call or visit your dentist as soon as possible to make him know about the problem.
- If you have a broken or fractured jaw- You should immediately address it by visiting the dentist’s office or the hospital emergency room. You can apply a cold press while on your way to decrease swelling.
- Loose wires from your braces can lead to irritation and damages to all tissue surrounding it- Apply some orthodontic wax or gauze to the broken wire while covering the sharp or jagged ends. When a wire is stuck in the cheek, gum tissue, or the tongue, do not attempt to pull it out. Go for immediate treatment at your dentist’s clinic.
So, to summarize, when any dental emergency occurs, never skip visiting the dental office even if you are afraid that you can’t afford it.
There are many affordable dental clinics like Pinnacle dental that offer you all dental treatment at affordable prices. Failing to seek emergency treatment from experienced Dentist Richardson TX can result in requiring even more extensive and expensive dental care.
It’s better to seek timely treatment than suffering more by delaying.