Despite the availability of many new communication channels, many businesses still prefer to use telephones as their primary means of communication.
If you and your employees need to use phones extensively, it is worthwhile to invest in a more advanced phone system, such as a Cloud PBX phone system.
Here is a look at why Cloud PBX can be a good call for your business….
What is Cloud PBX?
Cloud computing is defined as the practice of delivering computing resources over the Internet, while public branch exchange (PBX) refers to the technology that is used by telephone service providers to route calls.
Traditionally, a PBX phone system consists of local lines between employees and external lines, and it comes with an optional console or switchboard.
Cloud PBX delivers the functions of a PBX system over the Internet, and it enables an entire company to be represented by a single phone number, even if the company is geographically widely distributed.
With a Cloud PBX system, you and your employees can use a wide range of telecommunication devices to access the network, including landlines, mobile phones and others.
Benefits of Implementing a Cloud PBX Phone System
An increasing number of businesses are switching to Cloud PBX phone systems, because they offer many advantages over traditional phone systems.
Below are some of the benefits of implementing Cloud PBX:
- Unlike a traditional phone system, a Cloud PBX phone system is relatively easy to install, because it does not involve the placement of wires throughout your office or store.
- Cloud PBX is a cost-effective telecommunication solution, because it requires minimal investment in hardware and infrastructure.
- Since the service provider will be responsible for maintaining your Cloud PBX phone system, you will have the peace of mind to focus on other aspects of your business.
- A Cloud PBX phone system is more reliable, and it provides better voice quality.
- The advanced features that come with a Cloud PBX phone system, such as auto attendant, caller ID, call forwarding, call screening, music on hold and voicemail-to-email transcription, provide a more efficient and pleasant telecommunication experience for everybody in your company, as well as your customers and business associates.
- According to an article entitled “How to Set up Online Audio Meetings with Cloud PBX“, a Cloud PBX system also allows you to hold online audio meetings with people in other locations.
- Landlines and mobile phones can be connected to your Cloud PBX phone system without geographic limitations, resulting in increased workforce mobility.
- A Cloud PBX phone system can be easily scaled, whether you need to increase the number of lines by one or 100, or add new phones in a different location.
If you want to have a good Cloud PBX phone system, it is essential that you choose your service provider carefully.
Select a provider that has an excellent track record in providing reliable Cloud PBX phone service and can meet all your telecommunication needs.
About the Author: John McMalcolm is a freelance writer who writes on a wide range of subjects, from social media marketing to Cloud computing.