It’s no surprise that there’s a degree of distrust between companies and their workers. As a result, businesses have sought to monitor their workers’ actions, particularly during working hours, to ensure that they are doing the right thing at the appropriate time. The majority of the techniques utilized cause friction between the two parties, reducing productivity. However, with monitoring technologies, employers may now watch what their employees are doing at the touch of a button. Continue reading to see why every company requires this time-saving technology.
The COVID-19 epidemic has wreaked havoc on almost every area of our existence. Remote working is one of the adopted modes of working, as organizations and enterprises alike join forces to flatten the intractable COVID-19 curve. Because the epidemic took us all by surprise, businesses had not anticipated their workers working from home. Employee monitoring may be a burden even while working in an office. Working from home has aggravated the issue.
If you’re a business owner, manager, or supervisor in this position, don’t worry. With the best employee tracking app of 2021, you can check your team’s productivity from anywhere. As the epidemic subsides, we’re seeing an increasing number of businesses use such applications to track their employees’ productivity.
It’s important to realize that businesses want to maintain the same level of control over their staff as they did before the epidemic.
If you adopt this method, we recommend selecting the best employee tracking app of 2021, which has the following characteristics.
- Activity analysis: It can be used to study, use, and monitor active vs. idle time. The app should identify specific websites and activities as productive or unproductive.
- Smart rules and alerts: Rules and alerts should be configured to inform, block, redirect, log out, or lock a user out depending on the severity of the activity.
- Live views: An employer should monitor the activities on a user’s desktop in real-time.
- Keystroke logging: The technology should enable an employer to track, capture, record, and log all user’s keyboard activities.
- Remote control: A decent employee tracker should allow employers to override a user’s manual inputs to avoid sensitive data from being changed and data breaches; utilize remote control as a teaching tool across remote offices.
- Tracking: It should track activities across email, webpages, apps, and text/instant messaging.
Here are some of the reasons why the best employee tracking app of 2021 is a must-have for any business, based on the qualities listed above.
1. It boosts work productivity
Employee monitoring has several advantages, the most important of which is that it increases productivity. Employees should ideally be self-driven and disciplined to focus on what they were recruited to do. However, recurring little breaks can add up to hours spent on non-productive activities detrimental to the company if left unchecked.
2. Improves security
Employee monitoring can also improve security by keeping track of access to information at work. When a person accesses data that they are not authorized to, whether on purpose or by mistake, the employee monitoring software will notify employers. Employers can use this information to look into a suspected breach or unusual activity to see whether they did it maliciously. Employers can aid in the protection of sensitive information from insider threats by doing so.
3. Assists in project management
Project managers can stay on top of their work by using tracking software. Project managers are ideal for making follow-ups or altering schedules based on such a report to guarantee deadlines are reached.
4. Allows for quick response to requests
Instant response to employee requests is a crucial part of sustaining a happy workplace. If an employee has a personal issue at home and has to leave the workplace right once, they will appreciate a prompt response to their request. Employers may notice such requests as soon as they are posted and respond appropriately using a tracking tool.
5. Assists in project management
Project managers will keep records of projects using tracking software since they will receive ongoing information on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. Project managers are in the greatest position to make follow-ups or alter schedules based on such a report to guarantee deadlines are reached.
6. It helps you save time and money.
Staff monitoring technologies, as previously said, enhance employee productivity. You may expect better returns on your investments if you have a productive staff. And, because you can measure productivity indicators such as hours worked, you may utilize this information to calculate pay, especially if your workforce works shifts or overtime.
There’s a lot you can do with an employee monitoring application, from tracking their actions to simple record-keeping to more complex and sensitive duties like data compartmentalization. Because of the added value, such software is highly cost-effective. You can’t put a price on the peace of mind that a monitoring tool provides.