Procedure on the Transfer of FNRI Food Technologies
1. SUBMIT LETTER OF REQUEST
– The Entrepreneur/Client submits the letter of request to the FNRI Director
– The FNRI responds to the letter of request and provides the Entrepreneur with the following: Brochures on protocol on technology transfer, with the list of document to be submitted, product information sheet, and the draft of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
2. CONDUCT OF CONSULTATIVE MEETING
– A consultation meeting will take place on the agreed date/time and venue
– The following document must be available during the meeting: a) Company Profile, b) DTI Certificate of Registration of Business Name; or c) SEC Registration; or d) Mayor’s Permit to Operate a Business
– For existing entrepreneur: The documents mentioned above must be submitted together with the evidence of financial capability, plant layout of existing processing plant, list of existing equipment and facilities
– For start-up business: Documents mentioned above must be submitted before the conduct of Technology Needs Assessment/Inspections.
– The FNRI furnishes the Entrepreneur the basic information on the technology/ product and discusses the Terms of Reference and draft MOA.
3. CONDUCT OF TECHNOLOGY NEEDS ASSESSMENT/INSPECTIONS
– The FNRI technical staff conducts Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) and inspects the processing plant.
4. EVALUATION OF ASSESSMENT RESULTS
– The FNRI discuss the result of the TNA with the client and provides recommendations
– The FNRI decides if the Entrepreneur/Client is capable of commercializing the technology/product
5. FINAL NEGOTIATION
– If the Client comply with the minimum requirement needed for the commercialization of the technology/product, the MOA and technology transfer arrangement are finalized.
– Agreements as to the responsibility of both parties are finalized.
6. SIGNING OF MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MOA)
– Licensing and Technology Transfer Agreement (Agreement between Technology Generator and Client)
– Memorandum of Agreement for Technology Transfer and Commercialization (Agreement between, FNRI, DOST Regional Office and Client).
– Memorandum of Agreement: Technology Business Incubator (Agreement between FNRI and Client).
7. CONDUCT OF TRAINING/DEMONSTRATION/TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
– The Client implements the Project: Purchase of equipment, test-run, and set-up processing plant in consultation with FNRI.
– The FNRI renders technical assistance/seminars to the Entrepreneur/Client along the following areas: 1) plant lay-out; 2) evaluation of equipment and facilities; 3) training on production, quality control (cGMP and HACCP, test and analysis) and product packaging; and 4) product quality improvement.
– The detail of the technical assistance are stipulated in the MOA.
8. CONDUCT OF MONITORING AND EVALUATION
– The FNRI conducts monitoring evaluation on the business performance of the technology/product along the following areas: profitability; livelihood-generated; and investment generated.
– The FNRI monitors the quality and safety of the manufactured products through tests and analysis for a fee.
– Continuous technical assistance is provided to the Client as provided in the Agreement
– Should the client decide not to continue the project, a format letter must be given to FNRI by the Client.
For more information, please contact:
Food and Nutrition Research Institute
FNRI Bldg., DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631
Tel: (632) 837-2934
Fax: (632) 837-3164
Do you like this money making business ideas? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).