Cybersecurity is basically the full-time vigilance and patrolling of your on-screen activities and privacy. Everything from failed transactions to hacking can be taken care of if you have an active plan of cyber security.
Every day in and day out we hear news about money being swindled and how companies and small-scale businesses are falling prey to phishing. All of this can be avoided with the use of cyber security.
Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) services provide executive-level IT and Cyber Security guidance and consulting, without the full-time employee costs associated with hiring a traditional CISO.
Why should you get a Cosant’s vCISO?
The Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) helps you in the following ways.
- It assesses your IT and cyber risks.
- Gives you insights of your company’s current status and future risks that could possibly occur.
- Gap analysis- which is building and developing a cyber security roadmap according to your company’s trends.
- Developing the Cyber security program.
With the sudden pandemic of Covid-19 that hit the world, we have seen so much of change. One of which is the digitalization of many businesses and enterprises. Even small-scale traders have started to take their trading to an online platform. This not only ensures social distancing but also helped them to display their products or projects to a wider customer interface.
With digitalization of the entire education system and many other industries comes the risk of IT and cyber malware, cybercrime, Information tampering and financial foolery etc.
The Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) has the solution to all of these issues.
The salient features of Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) are:
- Data security Laws have played a crucial role in regulating the company’s information and data. There are several data laws and regulating standards like the HIPAA, PCI etc. Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) helps you with Data Security compliance from auditing to attestation.
- DATA MAPPING EXERCISES: Do you store personally identifiable information (PII) on you customers, vendors, suppliers, employees? Do you know where the data is stored? How is it protected? Are you collecting only the data you need to collect? Data mapping exercises help to answer these questions and reveal gaps in controls. This is an important exercise, as data privacy laws are changing rapidly and will carry significant PENALTIES if your organization is not compliant. Cosant can help locate the PII on your network and devices while advising on the proper controls to be compliant with changing regulations.
- THIRD PARTY (VENDOR) REVIEWS: Putting all the important stuff means nothing to worry? No. Using a cloud provider doesn’t solve the purpose of Cyber security responsibilities. It is now a shared responsibility of the Cloud provider and the Company. Anybody in the critical supply chain can be a rick to your Organization.
Cosant assess controls and confirms alignment of the third-party with your risk tolerance. Cosant performs vendor information security reviews, including SOC1 or SOC2 audit reports, which are a crucial element of information security risk management.
- CYBER SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: Every employee in your organization needs to be aware of the security regulatory standards and how it plays a critical role in data security. Cosant conducts awareness and training program for your employees because no matter how digitalized we get we will never miss the human element.
- CYBER SECURITY INCIDENCE RESONSE PLAN: It is known to us that “a stitch in time saves nine.” Cosant provides you with an established plan of action so as to make sure that in case of any untimely breach of security, the immediate damage control steps are structured and there is no much loss.
There are several other features of Cosant’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) which makes it the best in the field. Organizations of all sizes and industries are under constant threat of having their IT systems breached. The question for most organizations isn’t if they are going to be breached, but how they can isolate and mitigate the threat.
Executive management and the Board of Directors may be held personally liable for data breaches if they are not prepared for a Cyber-Attack. Directors are required to exercise reasonable skill and care in performing their duties. To put that in Cyber Related terms, that means assessing data risk, ensuring IT security is adequate, training staff and having plans in place to deal with a data breach.
So, log on to https://cosant.com/ and get your cyber security plan activated now to ensure total data privacy and data security compliance programs for your organization.