These sweet and soft mini sponge cakes are usually baked in small molds and served during snack time. Use muffin tins if you don’t have the molds. Sell it to food shops, pasalubong centers or at school and offices to make extra income.
280g sifted plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
8 large egg yolks
Grated peel from 1 large orange
1 teaspoon vanilla
65ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
75ml (1/3 cup) water
8 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat your oven to 165 degrees C.
2. Mix the sifted flour with 200g sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Make a well in the flour and add the oil, egg yolks, grated orange peel, vanilla, orange juice and water. Beat well by hand until smooth with no lumps.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar for 5 minutes while gradually adding the remaining sugar. Continue beating until soft peaks are formed.
5. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
6. Grease mini molds and fill them 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested for doneness.
8. Cool then remove from the molds and wrap individual cakes with wax paper.
Recipe from Emelita – Allrecipes