This basic dough can be filled with Empanada pork filling, then fried or baked.
240g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
Melted butter as needed
Oil for frying
1. Mix all the ingredients, except butter and oil, to form a stiff dough and knead until smooth.
2. Roll out the dough until thin, sprinkling with flour to prevent from sticking. Brush with melted butter and roll it like a jelly roll.
3. Cut into 4cm pieces. Roll out each piece into a circle and fill with about 1 tbsp pork filling. Fold over into half moons and seal.
4. Deep fry in hot oil until brown and crispy. Serve hot or cold.
5. If baking, brush the top of dough with beaten egg white just before baking at 180 C for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from Emelita – allrecipes