Short message server or the SMS marketing is often about getting the message of the company out through text message and using mobile phone. In short, it can be stated well that SMS marketing is properly done using mobile device for transferring marketing communication to some of the interested customers. It is the area which is gaining quite deal of interest by businesses both large and small. It is quite understandable, based on the prediction that by 2020 around 90% of world population will have a smartphone by their sides. Only in the USA, 9 out of 10 people have phones, as per the research results from Mobi Thinking.
Right now, mobile internet users are taking over desktop users immensely. It clearly makes sense considering that already such searches have been done through mobile devices versus any desktop one. SMS marketing is now considered to be one personal and direct form of marketing. But, you might not know how it can be right for your business.It might be a bit true that customers will rarely receive texts from businesses and even cost is pennies depending on text messages. It is mostly when presented in bulk as businesses, it is rather important to do due diligence before jumping right in. Follow the norms while working on church texting as well.
Get to collect the mobile numbers:
Consumers will mostly see their phone numbers to be personal. So, there are many of them out there who might not think it apt to give you their phone numbers like they are their real email addresses. You all are well-aware what is happening to most of those regarding email marketing and they always have right to fear that same might occur with the SMS marketing.
- For gaining the mobile number, you might have to acquire great deal of trust from them and any kind of pre-existing relationship might help.
- They further have to know what you might have to send them via SMS message to be exclusive offers and not the same one that they might receive through social media and email.
- You have to work hard to be clearer with the customers and then use the promising guidelines whenever introducing SMS marketing to customers.
- You might be addressing them with infrequent messaging, which is once in every month and not more than twice every month.
- Offers are to be noted for the customers exclusively that share the numbers with you.
- SMS might be used for sending them premium notices like order coming in appointment, reminder or even upcoming service date.
Here, you might have greater chances of gaining access to mobile number by just following such guidelines. You might end up collecting numbers using sign-up sheet at register and asking them while talking on phone or list allowing them for submitting form of website. Or you can just give them number that they can always text for subscribing to SMS messages. Whatever you plan to do, always keep copy of permission for marketing to them through SMS, in case you run into issues you might be glad that you did.
Focusing on Due Diligence:
As you start collecting the numbers and start to use them in SMS campaign, always be sure that you have some measures in place that in case any customer unsubscribe they are removed from list on an immediate basis. It might be illegal to not do anything like that. There are some laws available where you need to be aware of when it is time to go through the art of mobile marketing.
- Opt-in only: You might procure consent from customer even before sending SMS text messages.
- Unsubscribe: With every form of message that you plan to send, you might provide unsubscribe option in message. In case they select that option, you have no other option but to unsubscribe them immediately.
- Be always aware of cost: For the customers without unlimited text message plan, they can always incur costs from messages if that it put over limit. You have to make customer aware that added fees might apply if they are not on limited messaging plan or SMS.
However, these are noted to be just guidelines and always be sure to consult attorney for ensuring that you have always fulfilled all the legal obligations even before venturing into this area of marketing medium. It is always your duty for understanding relevant laws.
Work your way out in setup and creating your own campaign:
Before you plan to start your SMS campaign, you have to work your way out in setting up and creating one proficiently. This method might take some time from your side but in the end, it is all worth it.
- After you have collected mobile numbers, you have to verify that you have followed all the legal responsibilities that you have been asked to. Once you are sure of that, you can start working on your marketing campaigns.
- It is always suggested to be using the help of a 3rd party service provider, whose main aim is to ensure that you are always able to track return on the investment, set for your campaign.
- You might even have to work a bit hard in embedding any unsubscribe message. You should hire a professional team for easily managing the SMS marketing database on your behalf, which might include unsubscribes as well.
Always get experts for help:
It is always important for you to get hands on experts, who have successfully organized SMS campaigns for you. They are always ready to serve you right and offer you with the best practices as asked for. Just be sure to know more about their steps and you might plan to follow the same on your behalf. Once you have done that, things might start working out in your favor. You may even end up saving a lot of your time of experimenting and even save a great deal of money from your side for sure.