Windows are essential in increasing comfort while working inside your office. It provides ventilation and warmth as your workers concentrate on their tasks. Apart from this, it improves the business’ architecture and shields from the outside noise.
However, if your windows break or no longer serve its purpose, then it’s time to replace them with new ones.
Replacing windows is an expensive job because of the price of the materials and the cost of professional installation. Today, there is an increasing demand for window replacement as more business owners want to improve their establishments.
Thus, to help you get the best window replacement deal, here are some things to consider when getting a window installation in Colorado Springs:
Retrofit or Replacement
Determine if you are doing a retrofit or reconstruction of your business windows. This depends on the existing windows you have in your business. Also, the siding and trim involved will determine the project.
- Retrofit: If the project that you have is retrofit, then it involves the installation of the windows in the same window frame. It does not involve any trim or stucco removal or repair of siding. This is a simpler and cleaner job.
- Reconstruction: Meanwhile, for reconstruction, you will have to secure new windows and frames to your house. To install the new windows, the old ones need to be removed. This involves a lot of jobs such as removing exterior trim, cutting siding and reinstalling the trim.
There are several window frames available for window replacement Colorado Springs that you can choose from. The four major types are wood, aluminum, fiberglass, and vinyl.
- Vinyl Frames: This frame is made of polyvinyl chloride or PVC. They are good insulators and reasonably priced. For those business owners who like to play with the frame designs, the vinyl frames are the right choice.
- Fiberglass Frames: This one is made of fiberglass and resin. The fiberglass frames can resist extreme temperature changes versus other materials. The frame does not require painting but you can repaint it depending on your preference.
- Aluminum Frames: Aluminum frames are long-lasting. They require low maintenance and don’t wear out versus other materials.
- Wooden Frames: Wooden frames are durable and can last a long time. Among the four types, the wooden frames are the most expensive. It requires a lot of maintenance and is susceptible to weather changes.
Indeed, it is important to know the pros and cons of each type of window frame. Each one has its own function in the installation of your business windows.
Single or Double Pane Windows
You can choose between two window styles which are double or single-pane windows. Before deciding on which one to install, consider the pros and cons of each style:
- Single Pane Windows: This is cheaper than the double pane windows. The manufacturing and amount of material are lesser. Though single-pane windows are not energy efficient, the glass used is high-quality.
- Double Pane Windows: The double pane windows are becoming popular today. This one can increase energy efficiency and provide a green solution for your business. It can provide a good amount of insulation from the outside. With this product, it can keep the warm air in and cold air out. However, it is more expensive than single-pane windows. But when you install them at your office, you can be eligible for a tax credit because of cutting costs.
Energy Star Label
When selecting the new window set, make sure that you check the Energy Star label. This type of window will prevent the heat of the sun to radiate in your office. To determine the energy efficiency of a window, check the special glass coatings of the product.
The windows have various degrees of performances according to the Energy Star rating which is the following:
- Condensation Resistance: This is the window’s ability to resist condensation. The higher the number, the better is its ability to resist water build-up.
- Air Leakage: This is the amount of air that passes through the cracks. The lower the number, the better the product is.
- Visible Transmittance: This measures how well the window is designed to light your home effectively during the day. This determines how you can save money by not using artificial light. The higher the number, the more natural light comes.
Indeed, replacing your windows at your office in Colorado Springs can be an expensive and laborious task. If you take note of the essential things listed above however, the end result will be priceless. Remember that windows can improve the aesthetics of your business. It is a feature that you will have to stay for the next few years. Thus, planning is crucial for the success of your window replacement project.