To make daing na bangus, the milkfish or bangus is marinated in garlic and vinegar, dried and then fried. Making Daing na Bangus is a good business venture to start for an added income. You can sell it to your friends, neighbors, food shops or as an added menu for your small carenderia, restaurant or catering business.
1 medium sized bangus
Salt and pepper to taste
5 cloves garlic, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) vinegar
1. To clean the bangus, first remove the scales. Slit the fish along the back lengthwise to remove the gills, intestines, etc. and expose the flesh. Pat dry.
2. Lay the fish flat on a ridged plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the garlic over the exposed flesh and pour over the vinegar.
4. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight. Discard the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
5. In a large wok or skillet, fry the fish in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
6. Serve with rice and mango relish
Recipe from Emelita – allrecipes