Banana (raw) is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6. Raw bananas are good to make banana chips for snacks or you can make this as a business and sell in to local stores or tourist food shops. This is a great way to earn extra money too.
• 5 Raw Bananas (saba) (peeled)
• Oil for deep-frying
• Salt to taste
• Brown Sugar (for sweetened chips)
How to make Banana Chips:
1. Easily peel the bananas and put it in salted iced water.
2. Chop the bananas thinly, around half a millimeter to one millimeter each slice.
3. Keep in water for 10 minutes and then drain out water completely.
4. Transfer to a kitchen cloth to remove the moisture.
5. Heat oil till it starts fuming.
6. Deep-fry the slices till almost crisp. Add few slices at a time.
7. Prepare paste of 1/2 tsp water and 1/4 tsp salt.
8. Add this paste to oil. This will make the slices crispier.
9. Repeat the procedure for remaining slices.
10. Drain the chips on an absorbent paper.
11. Cool and store them in an airtight container.
12. If you want to make the sweetened kind, instead of salt in step 7., soak in your prepared sugar solution for around two to three minutes. Drain well in your colander.
13. Fry again in cooking oil until golden brown or when the bubbling ceases. Drain, and cool in trays with absorbent paper. Keep in sealed jars or plastic bags.
You can make lots of variation for your banana chips. You can make sweet banana chip, salted or other flavors you want.