Puto Pao (puto + siopao) is a bun with pork or chicken asado toppings or fillings. Puto pao is now becoming a popular snacks among Filipinos and makes a great business too. It only needs small capital to start and are easy to make.
Step by step guide on how to make Puto Pao:
Puto Pao Recipe2
Step by step Puto Pao Making
1. Sift then Mix 3 cups all purpose flour 1 cup sugar 2 T baking powder
2. Add 1 1/2 cups water + 2 tbsp water or milk – fresh milk, evaporated milk + water will do
3. Put 7 eggwhite in a separate bowl. Make sure it is at room temperature.
4. Add the cream of tartar, 1/8 t per 1 eggwhite… that would be ¾ t
• To stabilize beaten egg whites, add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar per egg white before beating. Other tips: • For meringues, use 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar for every two egg whites. • When making candy, add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar for each cup of granulated sugar.
Substitution Tips • When cream of tartar is not available, substitute 1½ teaspoons of lemon juice or white vinegar for each ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar (three times the amount). • 1 teaspoon baking powder = ¼ teaspoon baking soda + 5/8 teaspoon cream of tartar. • 1 cup buttermilk = 1 cup milk + 1¾ teaspoons cream of tartar.
5. Beat egg white to mix with cream of tartar
6. Add 8 T of sugar gradually
7. Beat for 7-8 minutes until it looks like an icing
8. Fold with the flour mixture
9. Do not beat hard. Just fold.
10. Saute ground pork.
2 cloves (garlic)
2T soy sauce
½ kilo pork
13. Pour a little mixture in a molding pan, then add the ground pork
14. Add mixture enough to cover the ground pork.
15. Put the toppings: Cheese and salted egg
16. Steam until cooked
Puto Pao Video
Recipe sources: 1entrepreneur.com.ph, 2foodbusiness.weebly.com
Do you like this money making business ideas? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).