Tocino is a very popular product for Filipino breakfast. The product originated from Pampanga which was called “burong bahi”. Meat material comes from pork but other meat materials can also be processed like beef, chicken and carabeef or nueva beef.
Processing tocino is a good business where 1 kg gives a yield of 15 kgs with the addition of fibers to increase the yield to bring down the cost.
Sixteen (16) servings of tocilog can be produced where one serving portion costs thirty pesos (P30.00). Sixteen (16) serving portions x P30.00 equals P480.00. Forty percent could be considered as the net profit.
There is a good business in tocilog preparation for carinderia.
I. Meat material
Pork, pigue or kasim, with or without skin 1000 gms.
Boneless, sliced 1/4 inch thick
– Salt, refined 1T 12.00 gms
– Curing salt 1/2 teaspoon 2.00 gms
– Phosphate 1 teaspoon 3.00 gms
– Vitamin C powder 1/4 teaspoon .50 gms
– Chilled Water* 1/4 cup 62.50 gms
* to dissolve the.four ingredients
– Isolate 1 Tablespoon 5.00 gms
– Carageenan 1 teaspoon 2.50 gms
– FibrilL 1/4 cup
– Water chilled* 1/4 – 1/2 Cup 125.00 gms
* to dissolve the 3 ingredients
– Sugar, refined 1 cup (16T) 160.00 gms
– Garlic, chopped finely* 2 Tablespoon 24.00 gms
– Anisado wine 2 Tablespoon 24.00 gms
– Pineapple juice 1/4 cup 60.00 gms
– Vetsin (MSG) 1/2 teaspoon 1.50 gms
– Food color (allura red)** 1 teaspoon
– Meat enhancer 1/2 teaspoon 1.22 gms
– Meat tenderizer 1 teaspoon 3.00 gms
– Beef Aroma 1/2 teaspoon 2.50 gms
– BF Blend*** (Binder-filler) 1/2 teaspoon 5.00 gms
* Garlic powder maybe substituted in the level of 2 tsp. per kg. which is equivalent to 10 grams.
** Prepared by dissolving 1 tsp. of food color in 1/2 cup of water. This serves as the stock solution to be kept in the refrigerator. From this solution get 1-2 tsps.
***Add in the last mixing
1. Select good quality raw materials. Trim and weigh.
2. Slice the raw materials. Measure and weigh all the ingredients.
3. Mix meat with first four ingredients: Salt, curing salt, Phosphate and Vitamin C. Dissolve in i/4 cup of water. Add the extenders and mix well until it dries up.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix again. Cure at room temperature for 8-lo hours or refrigeration temperature for 8-12 hours
5. Pack in polyethylene bag in 1/4 or 1/2 kg. package. Store in freezer.
– Polyethylene bags (Size 1/2 kg 6″x12″)
Thickness – 0.003
– Styrofoam, rectangular in shape with cling on top.
Do you like this business ideas for entrepreneurs? content“>then please consider subscribing to our PINOY BISNES RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).