Starting a candy bouquet business holds a lot of potential which could bring in more income to your family. You could create different kinds of candy bouquets to sell on different occasions such as birthdays, weddings, graduations, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, Valentines, Christmas, corporate parties, baby showers etc. This business is easy for anyone to begin and many people can run successful candy bouquet business from the comfort of their own homes!
If you want to develop your creative side and run a business that makes other people happy then starting a candy bouquet business is the right idea for you.
Steps in Starting a Candy Bouquet Business:
1. Make a Business Plan. Having a business plan on hand is very crucial for the success of your candy bouquet business. This is the first step when setting up any business. It may sound difficult at first but you will find it very beneficial in the long run. You need to note down the pros and cons of candy bouquet business. You also need to decide if you want to put up an online store for your business. This is to make sure you will get a wider customer base and to combat hard selling times of the year. On the one hand, If you plan to put up an online store, you could try selling your items on eBay or make your own multiply store and on the other hand, if you opt for opening a shop, then you need to make up a financial plan stating all your start up costs, marketing costs and location charges.
2. Decide a Name and Logo for your business. Now starts the fun part, you have to think of a name that is catchy and unique. Something simple that can be understood and will stay with the people. Remember that a candy bouquet business is all about creativity, thus opting for a creative, funky name is possible and productive.
3. Register your business name and get necessary business permits and licenses. It is important to make your business legal in compliance to all the rules and regulations especially you are selling an edible products.
4. Gather supplies and equipments. In making candy bouquets, you will need lots of supplies like different gauge wires, bamboo skewers, Styrofoam balls or florist foam, different containers such as pots or mugs, florist tape, real or plastic flowers, ribbons, colored cellophane, silk leaves, and other decorative supplies. You will be required to learn how to wire and tape flowers and candy. You can opt for hiring some help, especially during the holidays or major events. You can either make a combination of flowers and candy or all candies. For your candy bouquets, you can use any kind of candy e.g. hard candy, lollipops, marshmallows, heart shaped candy for love bouquets etc.
5. Market your candy bouquets. Having an online candy bouquet store is an advantage because you can just put photos of your candy bouquets online categorized according to occasions or events. Distribute candy bouquet flyers to schools, offices, stores and malls. Ask your friends, relatives and colleagues to spread a good word of mouth for your business. You can easily start a candy bouquet business with the help of the above mentioned steps, something you can do entirely on your own, so just let your creativity work.
Do you like this business idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).