19
Oct
2021

55% of Filipino Adults Will Shop End of Year Sales – Provided the Price is Right

  • 55% of Filipino adults need an average discount of more than half price (53%) to be enticed by the sales
  • One in five want a discount of 90% for them to make a purchase
  • 35-44 year olds most likely to take an interest in the sales 
  • Finder.com’s consumer advocate Susannah Binsted shares tips on how to avoid impulse buying

Filipinos are ready to ‘shop til they drop’ at the end of year sales like 11.11 and Black Friday this year – provided the price is right, according to Finder.com’s Black Friday Shopping Report

Finder’s survey of 2,015 Filipino adults reveals 55%, or an estimated 39.8 million people, plan to shop the sales – but only if items are discounted enough. 

Filipino adults need an average discount of just over half price (53%) to partake in the shopping events. 

One in five Filipinos (20%) say they’ll need a whopping 90% discount for them to make a purchase. At the other end of the spectrum, just one in ten (10%) say they could be enticed by a discount as small as 5%. 

35-44 year olds are most likely to shop the sales, with 62% saying they’ll be enticed to shop if the price is right. Meanwhile 18-24 year olds are least likely to take part with just 48% saying any type of discount could catch their eye.

Women are more likely than men to have their interest piqued by a discount, with 58% of women saying they’ll shop if the discount is big enough compared to 53% of men. 

Finder.com’s consumer advocate Susannah Binsted says the next few months are a great time to pick up items you’ve had your eye on. 

“We’re entering the biggest shopping season of the year, with some of the most popular sales events right around the corner including 11.11, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. 

“If you have your eye on a certain product you might want to wait to see if it’s discounted during the sales season.” 

However, Binsted also says it’s a good idea to plan your shopping in advance to avoid any impulse purchases.

“More than half of Filipino adults admit they could be enticed to shop the sales if the price is right,” 

“To avoid making unnecessary purchases, plan your shopping list in advance and have an idea of what you’re in the market for before the sales even hit. You can also ask yourself in the moment if it’s something you’d be willing to pay full price for – if the answer is yes then your discount will be all the more enjoyable.”

You can find the full report here: https://www.finder.com/ph/black-friday-deals#black-friday-shopping-statistics-2021 

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *