The pork sisig arrived on a sizzling platter. Chunks of chopped fried pork mixed with green chilis and onions. We were told this version has no pig ears, but definitely has “pig parts.” The waiter set the platter on our table then cracked a raw egg on top, mixing it in until it was set. Yum. We quickly passed the platter around and dug in. The crispy pork had a vinegar flavor, and each chunk had the right balance of meat and fat. The onions provided nice sweet flavor and the chilis enough spiciness without being too hot. The egg added depth to the many flavors of the dish. What a melange of sizzling goodness! By the time the next sisig arrived, the pork sisig was already gobbled up, long gone.
Pork Sisig Recipe
You will be needing:
4 1/2 cups of Pig’s ears, broiled and chopped
1 cup Chicken liver, cut into small pieces
2 tsp refined salt for cleaning
1 cup Calamansi extract for cleaning
1 tsp refined salt
2 pcs. bay leaves
1 Tbsp Calamansi extract
4 1/2 Tbsp. onions chopped finely
1 tsp. ground pepper
2-3 pcs. siling labuyo
1/2 tsp MSG
1. The Pig’s ear should be thoroughly cleaned with salt and calamansi extract with plenty of water.
2. Boil till tender in water, salt and bay leaves.
3. When Pig’s ear is tender, broil over charcoal.
4. See to it that all portions are chopped in even sizes.
5. Season with calamansi extract, salt, pepper and MSG.
6. Add chopped broiled chicken liver and chop in even pieces the same as pig’s ear.
Source: Lourdes Rivera
Do you like this business idea? content“> then please consider subscribing to our PINOY BISNES RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).
Incoming search terms:
- how to make sisig
- how to make pork sisig
- how to cook sisig
- pork sisig
- how to make sisig pork
- pork sisig recipe
- how to cook pork sisig
- special sisig
- crispy pork sisig recipe
- how to make crispy pork sisig