Mangoes are very abundant in the Philippines. Green mango or ripe mango can be made into something unique recipes that people will love. Making Green Mango nectar and Mango puree is a viable business for anyone. Starting a green mango nectar and mango puree business is a good idea to start because many are becoming health conscious and mango is a very delicious fruit that Filipinos loved to eat in different ways.
Green Mango Nectar Recipe
1 kg green mango
2 cups refined sugar
1.5 g ascorbic acid per liter of mixture
0.3 g sodium benzoate per liter of mixture
1. Select and weigh sound mature green mangoes.
2. Pare. Slice into small pieces.
3. Pass through a blender adding 1/2 cup water for every sliced mango.
4. Prepare syrup by boiling one cup sugar and one cup water.
5. For every cup of mango puree, add 1/2 cup syrup.
6. Add ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate (optional) to the mixture and mix well.
7. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes at 75-80oC.
8. Pour in dry sterile preserving bottles. Remove air bubbles. Cover tightly.
9. Pasteurize for 15 minutes at 83oC.
10. Check for air tightness.
11. Label and store in a cool dry place.
Direction for use:
For every cup of mango nectar, add 1-1/2 cups cold water.
Mango Puree Recipe
10 kgs firm ripe mangoes
25 g citric acid
Stainless steel knife
Stainless steel stock pot
Stainless steel peeler
Stainless steel mixing ladle
Blender or food processor
1. Wash mangoes thoroughly. Peel using the stainless steel peeler.
2. Scrape the pulp and homogenize in a blender to a smooth puree.
3. Heat the puree in a stainless steel stock pot with constant stirring.
4. Add citric acid and continue stirring.
5. Pack the puree in bottles while hot and process in water bath for 30 minutes.
6. Air cool and store.