Meatloaf is a meat dish usually consisting of ground meat (usually ground beef or a combination of ground beef and lamb, or pork), which is formed into a loaf shape and baked or smoked. The loaf shape is formed by either cooking it in a loaf pan, or forming it by hand on a flat baking pan. Making meatloaf especially during holidays can be a good business opportunity for home business owners. You can sell it to your friends, to your neighborhood or to food shops and restaurants.
Here are 3 different, easy to make, recipes for meatloaf.
Meatloaf Recipe 1
1/2 cup water
Two tablespoons of soy sauce
1 small onion diced
2 Lbs. ground beef
8oz package of pre-made stuffing, (such as Stove Top)
salt & pepper to taste
– Preheat Oven to 350°F
– Beat eggs, water, and approximately two tablespoons of soy sauce together in a separate bowl and set aside.
– Get a large bowl and mix the ground beef and stuffing together. Make sure to use your hands and combine the mixture well, as this is the most important step.
– Slowly work the egg mixture into the meat and stuffing, once again making sure to combine all ingredients well.
– Pick up big ball of meat and pack in hands until you have formed a loaf.
– Place in ungreased loaf pan and place on center rack in oven for 45-55 minutes uncovered until center of meatloaf is browned. Drain excess grease off side of pan and let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Meatloaf Recipe 2
1 onion, chopped
1-2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 clove garlic, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
sprinkle of curry powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs. ground beef
1-2 cans of mushroom soup
Makes 1 bread pan of meat loaf
– Mix meat, eggs, and spices.
– Mix in vegetables and crackers.
– Bake at 400°F
– Drain off grease when brown 10-20 minutes.
– Add 1-2 cans of mushroom soup on top
– Bake until done
– Total baking time 1.5-2 hours.
Meatloaf Recipe 3
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1 cup Ritz crackers
2 beaten eggs
8 ounces Del Monte tomato sauce
1/2 cup fine onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Pound the Ritz crackers until fine like bread crumbs.
– Mince the onion until fine.
– In a separate bowl, add the meat and the other ingredients and mix with your hands until the ingredients are all mixed together and the mixture is smooth.
– Grease a glass baking pan with vegetable shortening.
– Put the meat mixture in the pan and shape like a football.
– Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
– Take out the meat loaf and serve warm.
Sources: streetdirectory.com, advantagecontent.com, yummytummy.info, Wikipedia.org
Do you like this Money Making Business ideas? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new articles sent directly to your inbox.