Liquid detergent is easy to make for home or commercial use. This is an efficient way to save you from expensive laundry and liquid detergents and most of all it’s very effective. Most of the available ingredients can be easily bought in supermarkets or from chemical stores.
– Sodium lauryl ether sulfate, or SLES, P58.50 per 500 ml
– Sodium chloride or iodized salt, P13.50 per 500- gram pack
– Cocodiethanolamide or CDEA, P72.50 per 500 ml
– Ethyl alcohol, P54.50 per 500 ml
– Water-soluble dye, P35 per 400-gram pack
– Benzalkonium chloride, P109.50 per 500 ml
– Degreaser, P30 per 120 ml
– Fragrance, P161.40 per 120 ml
– Distilled or de-ionized water, P14.19 per liter
(All available from chemical stores or in Divisoria)
– Wooden or plastic ladle
– Medium-sized basin
– Kitchen scale
– Measuring spoons and cups
– Gas stove
– 330 ml. PET bottles, P5.50/pc. Available at Cachetrade in Cubao, Quezon City.
1. Put 1.4 liter of distilled water in a pot and boil the water for 15 minutes. You have to use distilled water or de-ionized to avoid contaminating the liquid detergent mixture. Tap water has substances that can cause the mixture to eventually emit a bad odor.
2. While waiting for the mixture to boil, put the SLES (150 grams) and iodized salt (80 g) into the basin. Mix them thoroughly with the ladle until the iodized salt is completely dissolved.
3. Once the water has boiled enough and the salt has completely dissolved, gradually pour the water into the liquid detergent mixture. Stir. Keep on stirring until the SLES mixture is dissolved. The liquid detergent mixture becomes foamy when stirred, which means that the SLES is being dissolved.
4. Now add to the mixture the CDEA (60 ml), benzalkonium chloride (0.01 ml), degreaser (40 ml), and the fragrance (10 ml). Don’t add the water-soluble dye and the ethyl alcohol as yet. The water-soluble dye (10 g) should first be dissolved in ethyl alcohol (60 ml) before being added to the mixture. And make sure that the fragrance and dye are properly matched.
5. After putting in all the chemicals, mix until everything is dissolved. Let the mixture cool until the bubbles subside. Then add another liter of cool distilled water. Once the mixture has sufficiently cooled down, the liquid detergent becomes clear. You can now pour the finished product into the PET bottles. Cap the PET bottles containing the liquid detergent and set them aside. The yield of the liquid detergent mixture is 2.77 liters. Using 330-ml bottles, you can produce eight bottles of liquid detergent from it.
Everlight Chemiecolor Enterprise
462 Clavel St. Brgy. Santo Cristo, Divisoria, Manila
Tel: (02) 241-0076; (02) 242-6934; (02) 515-6771
Do you like this Money Making Business Idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).