Making peanut brittle at home is a good business idea to start especially for stay-at-home moms who want to earn added income for their family. You can sell peanut brittle at school canteens or during school fairs. It can also be used as gifts for those with a sweet t00th.
1 cup water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 stick butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook the candy over medium-high heat. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the mixture is vigorously boiling.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well- combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
5. Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. This yields 10 servings.
6. Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.