Macapuno Candy Balls
4 cans (300 ml) condensed milk
2 cups macapuno (mutant coconuts) preserves
1 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
How to make Macapuno balls:
* Add condensed milk to macapuno preserves. Cook in low heat. Halfway, remove from heat, add cornstarch (dissolved in a little water).
* Blend well, then, continue cooking while stirring constantly. Cook until it thickens and mixture separates from pan. Cool.
Note: When using bottled preserves, before shaping into balls, set aside cooked mixture for 4-5 hours (or overnight), covered with a cheese cloth. This would present your balls from becoming watery in a short time.
Macapuno Jam / Macapuno Preserve
How to make macapuno preserve
* Cut open the coconut and discard the oily portion. Scrape the meat and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
* Drain. Cook in enough syrup of two parts sugar and one part water.
* Cook the macapuno until it gets transparent.
* Pour while hot in 12-ounces preserving jars.
* Half-seal and sterilize jars for 25 minutes in boiling water.
* Seal completely.
Do you like this Money making business idea? then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed and have new business ideas sent directly to your inbox.