Similar to ham or bacon, this cured pork sits in a salt and sugar brine for about 3 to 4 days before frying. Pork tocino is best served during breakfast but can be served at any meal.
2 kg pork (shoulder, chop or fillet)
440g brown sugar
3 tablespoons seasoned salt
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon curing salt (tender quick salt)
Oil for frying
Pork Tocino Preparation method
1. Cut the pork into thin slices about 10x10cm. Smaller pieces are fine.
2. Mix the sugar, seasoned salt, garlic salt, pepper, and curing salt together and sprinkle over the pork.
3. Lay each piece flat in a large container with cover. Let sit for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
4. After 3 to 4 days, take out what you need and parboil the meat with water in a non stick frying pan. Discard the water. Dry the pan completely and pour frying oil into the pan.
5. Fry the pork for 1 to 2 minutes on each side over medium heat. Serve hot with rice.
Source: allrecipes, Photo: mrsmartinezravesandrants.blogspot.com
Do you like this Money Making Business Idea? content“> then please consider subscribing to our RSS feed. You can also subscribe by email and have new articles sent directly to your inbox. (Once you entered your e-mail address, you need to login to your e-mail account and click the link to confirm your subscription).